Day 7 was a foggy start and we were up early. We left the campsite at 6.30am and headed straight to the truckstop for a big breakfast.

Full of beans so to speak, we were fuelled up for the day and refreshed and a days break.

First part of the walk was through Newtonmore and we followed the cycle track to Kingussie. The fog soon lifted and the temperatures were rising.

Out of Kingussie, we took the minor road which passes Ruthven Barracks to Tromie Bridge.  From here with took track and paths over to Glen Feshie. At this point we were meeting other challengers heading the same direction and I chatted to fellow challenger Kaburn whom gave me a fascinating insight into his walk so far and where he had planned to go from here.

Soon we were at the Bridge which crossed the Feshie. The rock pools looked very inviting and I was tempted to take the plunge in such beautful warm weather but I managed to resist! We sat at the bridge for lunch chatting to Frank for a while, before putting on our packs and heading up the Glen to Ruigh Aiteachain Bothy where we had planned to camp for the night.

Glen Feshie is one of my favourite glens and it was good to be walking through here on the challenge- one of the highlights!

We reached the Bothy about 2pm and it was good to see progress on the Bothy rebuild since the last time we were here.

It was still early in the afternoon and since it was such a gorgeous day, it seemed a shame to waste it a call it a day there.

I had a look at my map and decided it would be good to walk a further five miles up the glen towards Eidart Bridge where there is a nice area of flat ground for camping.

The next part of the walk was lovely, walking past all the old pines and along the path which in parts clings to the steep hillside dodging old landslides before opening out higher up.

We passed other challengers whom had manged to find suitable spots to camp, but we pressed on and not far from where I thought we would camp- there was a lovely grassy area just above the river which was far too inviting and I dropped down from the path and scoped out a area to put the tent up. No problem with getting my tent pegs in, infact the pegs went into the ground a little to easy, but I was happy enough with our evenings surroundings. If it had been windy, I would have been worrying about the pegs pulling out in high winds- but not tonight as it was fine and settled.

Frank decided to pitch up along side us with his Tarptent Notch, then Eddie and Alistair too had the same idea.

We had a nice evening sitting outside the tent and down by the river. This was a great location to camp for the night.

This day was probably my highlight of the trip- once again Glen Feshie did not disappoint and we had a great days walking.